Assistant Director of People & Culture
Purpose of the Job
To assist the Director of People & Culture is creating and implementing departmental plans, which involves identifying departmental / organisational needs and establishing plans of action.
Hybrid role working 50% remotely, 50% across multiple company sites (all within easy travel distance from Cardiff).
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manages the daily operations of the department and to support the team to ensure a thriving environment for the organisation.
2. Support the Director of People & Culture to establish and roll out any people related strategies.
3. Provide insight and recommendations to the Director of People & Culture and SLT on people centric initiatives
4. Lead the organisation on people analytics and organisational development and design.
5. Support the core people function of a number of teams across the business.
6. Provide professional advice on policy, practices, procedures and issues to all colleagues.
7. Support a framework that achieves and sustains effective employee relations.
8. To support the process for consulting with colleagues and union representatives to ensure that effective employee relations is sustained; in particular, through change management processes.
9. To ensure an effective interface between the team and the Finance (Payroll) Department
10. To support, develop and maintain appropriate policies and procedures, and to monitor their effectiveness and ensure adherence to them.
11. Coach, mentor and upskill all levels of management on people processes.
12. Deputise for the Director of People and culture in their absence