Head of Employee Engagement
This role will be pivotal in working with the senior management teams to develop and implement our employee value proposition and engagement strategies to attract new talent into the business, harness the current passion and energy to ensure we consistently deliver a premium customer experience and our exciting 5-year strategy.
- Develop and implement an employee value proposition/brand that supports the brand and our 5-year strategy, ensuring we retain and attract diverse talent.
- Develop and deliver strategies to drive employee engagement, embedding our core values and behaviours.
- Develop, lead and manage programs designed to foster engagement, such as employee recognition programs, wellness programs and other activities aimed at creating a positive workplace environment.
- Develop, drive, and deliver a communications strategy for the business using a range of communication vehicles and methods to engage different audiences. Expedite the communications plan on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Develop, plan and deliver an exciting and engaging rolling annual employee engagement events calendar which supports our strategy and our external PR/corporate community strategy
- Work with the business to develop creative and innovative ways to drive employee engagement across a variety of employee groups – seizing opportunities, empowering employees and energises our employees.
- Develop and manage the employee engagement feedback process and devise methods to measure and drive employee engagement
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key groups to ensure that internal communication and employee engagement are viewed as an integral and vital part of the organisation.
- Work across all departments and at all levels to ensure key messages are delivered in line with strategy.
- Work with Head of Organisational Development to drive strategy deployment process, so that everyone in the organisation understands their contribution to the annual business plan.
- Work with Head of Corporate PR and Head of Organisational Development to develop and drive our Community Strategy.
- As a member of the Leadership team, driving and transforming the business to achieve the 5 year strategy.
- Passionate, action orientated, with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Strategic, creative and innovative but with a pragmatic commercial approach
- Business/commercial acumen
- Demonstrates a confident and resilient approach
- Planned, organised and able to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- High levels of emotional intelligence
- Engaging communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable but with a clear goal in mind
- Prepared to challenge the ‘norm’ and champions diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent ideally in communications, marketing or business related field.
- Proven track record of working at a senior level in a business, developing and driving employee engagement strategies in a fast moving business.
- Deep knowledge about employee engagement techniques and methodologies in a business environment
- Big picture thinker, able to develop and implement strategies that align to the business, but also able to flex these strategies to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Experience of developing and delivering an employee brand or employee value proposition programme.
- Excellent project manager, able to keep variety of programmes on track and measuring benefits of the activity.
- Experience of facilitating groups in workshops and focus groups.
- Proven experience of driving change within a business, whilst engaging and galvanising employees in the change so everyone understands their role in the change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident communicator and at ease speaking to a wide range of people including Executive team, Trade Unions, Line Managers and employees, as well as external stakeholders and community representatives.
- IT savvy with good knowledge of presentation tools such as PowerPoint, Publisher, Microsoft applications