Head of People, Culture & Comms
We are looking for an exceptional Head of People, Culture and Communications who will inspire our wonderful workforce to achieve even greater things.
Playing a key role in shaping how we deliver People Services across the organisation, we need someone with the ability to transform traditional HR practices, helping create new ways of working and drive cultural change.
You will report directly to our Chief Executive and have demonstrable experience and knowledge across the whole HR portfolio.
You will also take an active role in the company’s media relations and contribute to wider communications and engagement work across the organisation.
Bringing a fresh and new perspective to the People Strategy, championing a forward looking and inclusive environment, advocating personal learning & development and promoting collaboration across the organisation, you care deeply about people and recognise they are key to our success.
What you will be responsible for
- Leading and motivating the People Team, comprising of HR, L & D and Communications & Engagement to achieve its full potential
- Working in a coaching and guiding capacity to maximise collaboration, acting as a role model and trusted advisor to Board and senior leadership teams on reputationally high risk and confidential matters
- Ensuring mechanisms are in place to make certain all teams are remunerated fairly with commercially sound reward strategies
- Leading organisational thinking and response to wider national and sector wide policies related to all things people, you will build a network of relationships with other progressive employers, acting as an ambassador.
- Build on employee & stakeholder engagement, encouraging participation and championing the right communications strategies to positively shape the future culture.
What you’ll do…
Spearheading change and renewal, you will drive cultural change across all areas of the business, helping to build an equitable, progressive, anti-racist and highly capable workforce that reflects the skills and life experiences of society around us.
You will be a critical lever as we modernise our ways of working and our culture; focussing upon how to harness the best human experience at work, increase our diversity, and deliver transformation across the organisation Bringing a fresh and new perspective to our emerging People strategy, championing a forward looking and inclusive environment, advocating personal learning & development, building capability and promoting collaboration across the organisation, you care deeply about people and recognise how critical they are to our success.
This is a hybrid role – working from home and from the Cardiff office.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- An accomplished leader with a strong track record of heading up HR/OD teams with proven ability to combine both strategic and operational leadership, driving a modern People agenda
- Able to solve problems elegantly and creatively
- FCIPD or MCIPD qualified
- Be great to work with; you will be the champion of our People so you will offer humility, high emotional intelligence, be brilliantly relational, constantly curious and a committed team player
- Experience of budget planning and cost control
- Negotiate on behalf of the organisation in terms of value for money for procured HR/L & D/Comms services
- Identify where things are not working and put in place plans to change things for the better
- Is not afraid to tackle difficult situations when things are not going well
- Is an excellent leader who gains respect from colleagues based on having values grounded in fairness, openness, respect, trust and honesty
- Seeks excellence in all that they do and expects that of others
- Qualified Coach or qualification In Employment Law
We ask all employees to…
- Keep up to date with changes in systems, policies, procedures and working practices
- To be anti-racist and committed to supporting equality, diversity and inclusion
- Take ownership for your personal safety and that of those around you
- Take the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge
- Contribute to a happy and positive workplace.