We are looking for a HR Assistant to provide a high quality, proactive, professional and responsive HR administrative service.
This role is critical to the successful operation and credibility of the HR function as you will be responsible for safeguarding the quality of our data.
You will need to be incredibly organised, highly meticulous with a passion for detail and data. You will enjoy managing varying and conflicting priorities in a fast-paced HR department and will engage with people from all parts of the organisation and at all levels, so you will need to be friendly, approachable, and empathetic with excellent relationship building skills.
The Role —
- Providing an effective administration service for the HR function covering the entire employee life cycle.
- Initial point of contact for all HR queries and requests, providing an excellent support service to managers and colleagues.
- Dealing with first line advisory support, gaining guidance from and escalating to the HR Business Partner as required.
- Maintaining the HR system (IRIS), HR Intranet site and HR Directory to include staff files, organisation charts and reports.
- All administration associated with: — starters, leavers and changes to terms and conditions of employment, including new starter checks, contracts of employment, calculating holiday entitlements — absences, probationary periods, maternity/paternity — career development and promotion processes — reward and recognition, employee benefits and schemes
- Providing employee changes and starter/leaver information to payroll.
- Providing general support such as filing, scanning, photocopying, documentation maintenance and responding to reference and general information requests.
- Ensuring HR systems, data, policies, and processes are accurate and effective through timely maintenance and regular audit activity.
- HR Administrator/super user for the HR system (IRIS) providing relevant training and guidance to system users.
- Proactive in reviewing and making recommendations for system/reporting/process/documentation improvements.
- Providing accurate statistics and reports, to include data to supplement HR Business Partner and HR Director reporting. — Supporting the HR Business Partner and HR Director with ad-hoc tasks and projects as required.
- Excellent administrative and IT skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, prioritise a high-volume workload and work to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence to communicate with all levels to manage expectations and maintain effective working relationships
- Commitment to providing excellent service
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to changing requirements and see opportunities for improvement
- Flexible ‘can do’ approach with the ability to work proactively, use own initiative and offer solutions ⎯ Team-focus with a flexible and collaborative approach to working with others, but also able to work independently
- An impressive work ethic and eagerness to learn
- To be a trusted and professional ambassador for HR and the firm, demonstrate the Company values, maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, and act with discretion and diplomacy.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and requirements