HR Coordinator (Maternity Cover -15 months)
Our client is looking for a HR Business Support colleague to join the team at an exciting time. The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in HR, with a drive and passion reflective of our values. You will have a personable approach, extremely well organised and enjoys working as part of a team; with experience in formal procedures/interventions and be able to provide statistical business support.
The HR Business Support role provides administrative and an advisory HR service, in line with the company’s values and regulatory requirements.
Acts as the first point of contact on sickness performance, contractual and probationary process queries.
Supports the HR team with specific HR project work and employee relations matters as needed.
To be an advocate of the Company’s HR policy and practice in support of our values.
- No line management responsibility.
- No budgetary responsibility.
- Assist line managers with the absence management process and handle any queries.
- Review and maintaining colleague absence records, checking for accuracy in line with absence procedure
- Take an active role when supporting the HR Business Partners in terms of monthly sickness performance monitoring and reporting, and also identifying trends.
- In line with policy, invite employees to the relevant sickness performance management trigger stage and review meetings regarding any short term, long term or emerging patterns relating to sickness.
- Support any lower level sickness performance meetings, in line with the absence policy.
- Coordinate the occupational health clinic diary throughout the year.
- Ensure occupational health referrals are available for occupational health clinics. Liaising with relevant HR person. Establishing core information in readiness and set up meeting to discuss occupational health reports.
- Provide HR metrics in terms of adhoc reports and reports required for the HR quarterly performance and governance reports.
- Assist in the communication and advice of human resource policies and procedures. Escalating any risk or complex queries/issues.
- Coordinate and maintain colleague records, ensuring accuracy.
- Take a lead role in responding to queries within the HR inbox.
- Respond to individual staff changes in terms and conditions by providing appropriate documentation and system updates.
- Support in administering any leavers each month.
- Coordinate the monthly exit interview process, feeding quarterly data in to the HR governance reports.
- Administration of timesheets on a rota basis
- Coordination of all DBS and activities for current colleagues. Supporting respective manager on positive disclosures discussions and risk assessments.
- Support the investigation process on any live cases taking minutes and escalating any relevant queries.
- Maintain storage of data and personnel files in line with General Data Protection Regulations.
- Provide relevant colleague records for any Care Inspectorate Wales inspection.
- Provide general ad-hoc administrative support within and outside the team if necessary.
- Ensuring mangers have completed, and where applicable, uploaded relevant probation documentation. Escalating to relevant HR person where concerns are raised. Sending out probation confirmation letter.
- Intermediate to advance in Excel
- A commitment of working towards a relevant occupational qualification.
- Ability to manage their own and others diaries
- Provide a robust support mechanism both in the team and to its stakeholders.
- Experience in a busy, statistically administrative lead, business support role.
The post holder must comply with Equalities Legislation and promote equality, diversity and inclusivity through their daily interactions. The post holder must avoid any behaviours which discriminate against others on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, political opinion or trade union membership.
The job description is only an outline of the tasks and responsibilities of the role. The Postholder will agree within reason to undertake other duties over and above those listed in the job description.
The Job Description provided will not form part of the contract of employment unless specified otherwise and may be reviewed on an on-going basis in accordance with the changing needs of the business.