HR Manager (Service Delivery)
The post holder will be accountable for the successful delivery of operational HR and people related administration tasks to agreed SLAs. Driving exceptional customer service through the provision of front-line generalist support to colleagues across the organisation, the role will collaborate with other key posts within the People Services directorate.
Taking responsibility for a team of People Officers and Administrators, the post holder will implement process changes to meet legislative and policy requirement and continuous improvement across the department.
Part of the People Services Management Team, this role will work closely with specialist areas of the organisation to manage complex matters and ensure the delivery of the People and Leadership Strategy. The post holder will be required to work alongside the Company’s Operational and Service Managers to ensure the needs of our clients are met through developing our people.
- To ensure a quality end-to-end HR service is delivered to all employees with a focus on excellent customer service.
- To set and oversee the execution of department specific service level agreements and targets, reporting outcomes to the Director of People Services.
- To manage, coach and develop a team of generalist role; ensuring high performance is driven by continuous development.
- To ensure the recording and reporting of meaningful data that enables informed and quick decision making.
- To take responsibility for the talent and recruitment activities across the organisation, ensuring new initiatives are implemented effectively.
- To ensure effective management of all absence due to sickness, using Occupational Health Services where required.
- To build a strong personal understanding of the workforce, informing on organisation wide policy where appropriate.
- To work with the Learning and Development Manager to create an effective induction and training schedule.
- To work with the Learning and Development Manager to create a robust People Management training schedule; ensuring managers are confident in implementing all HR policies.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of all the people and HR policies and processes, working closely with the Head of People Services.
- To work with the Head of People Services to ensure HR systems are fit for purpose and effective.
- To have commitment to and demonstrate an undertaking of equality of opportunity and its relevance to different sectors within the community.
- Must demonstrate empathy towards our beneficiaries.
- To carry out all other tasks commensurate with the role.
Essential Skills and Experience
- CIPD level 5
- Proven experience of managing a team within a changing and complex organisation
- Experience of managing an operational or transactional team in line with agreed targets
- Proven track record of managing the coordination of high volume recruitment activity across several areas (pan Wales preferred)
- Experience of managing complex employee relations processes
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively, effectively influencing teams and individuals to produce high quality services and results for the organisation
- Ability to effectively manage departmental workloads across multiple sites
- Ability to identify trends and patterns through analysing data, and suggest actions where appropriate
- High quality report writing
- Ability to coach and train individuals on processes and systems
- Computer literate with experience of using HMRI systems
- Knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of up to date HR processes, policies and practice
- Understanding of GDPR and its practical implementation within HR
- Understanding of current HR and employment trends
- Full driving licence and full access to a vehicle for work purposes.
- Leadership and management qualification
- Experience of managing a team based in multiple locations
- Experience of managing the implementation of a new HR management information system
- Experience of contributing to the Employment Tribunal process
- Knowledge of the health and social care employment sector
- Welsh language skills.