HR Manager Swansea
About the company
Our client produces decorative panels, products and furniture from 100% recycled and recyclable plastics. Launched in 2015, our client is one of the leading suppliers of sustainable plastics surfaces and products in the UK and internationally for commercial fit outs, priding ourselves on excellent craftsmanship and design as well as sustainability. They enjoy a growing list of high end and repeat clients within interior design, furniture design, product design and architectural disciplines. The demand and market for their product is huge and they are looking to radically expand their operations within the UK and internationally to capture the market and deliver their mission of making the most beautiful sustainable materials in the world whilst encouraging us all to value plastics and eliminate waste.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for an experienced HR Manager to provide strategic and day to day support as they manage a period of high growth. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will pick up the people agenda through significant organisational change involving moving to a new site and doubling our workforce within the next year. This role will present the right person with a fantastic opportunity to set up the HR function, delivering winning solutions across recruitment and resourcing, organisational change and development, policy and culture. We are looking for an SME-experienced and pragmatic HR Manager who can deliver effective solutions both for our people and also for the commercials of the business.
This role will be based out of Crofty on the Gower temporarily and then from their new site in Fforest Fach, Swansea at the start of 2023. (or before should the successful candidates so wish).
- Company share option EMI scheme for you to benefit from the business’s financial success as we grow
- An opportunity to be part of a fast growing, dynamic business supporting our journey to a more sustainable future
- Flexible working
- Excellent competitive salary dependent on experience
- 21 days holiday a year + bank holidays
- Company contribution pension
- Development opportunities
- Small, friendly work environment
- Responsible for direct management of the HR function
- Setting a clear Strategy for the function, providing the board with close support in delivering organisational change activities
- Ensuring effective and timely delivery of agreed HR Projects and regular communication with all stakeholders as required.
- Overall responsibility for the onboarding of all new staff including the maintenance of all appropriate records, induction procedures, and training requirements.
- Management of all Disciplinary matters in line with the Company Policies and liaison with third party experts as required
- Implementation and management of the company wide Appraisal System ensuring Initial and regular reviews are carried out by Line Managers.
- To manage the Company`s recruitment process, consulting with third parties as required and keeping Line Managers appraised as to progress
- Assist with the implementation of new HR processes including any new HR software package with a view to maintenance of all appropriate performance and sickness records.
- Clear communication with the Board and across the Business on key HR initiatives and ongoing performance and to contribute to any discussions regarding HR matters as required, including Staff Benefits package.
- The production of appropriate reports
- Liaison with key HR Suppliers to maintain relationships and to provide feedback to appropriate
- Planning of Career Progression for all staff
- To mentor and coach staff as required to create the desired culture across the Business by leading “by example.”
- To put forward suggestions for ongoing improvements in working practices and procedures as appropriate
- To assist in the drafting of HR Policies for the Boards Approval
- To assist the Board in driving the Staff Welfare and Social side of the Business to increase and maintain morale
- To manage all monthly payroll activities
- Manage Exit Interviews as required for all leavers.
- CIPD qualified
- HR experience within a high-growth SME highly desirable
- Must have a pragmatic and solutions focussed approach
- Must be highly dependable and approachable with excellent people skills and the ability to influence stakeholders across the business.
- You will be confident in your abilities, highly organised and able to manage multiple projects with varying demands in a very dynamic business
- HR experience within a manufacturing environment desirable
- There is a big HR agenda and you must enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Confidence with using the Microsoft Office suite essential as well as navigating HR systems. Experience of implementing new HR systems a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels through key mediums