Immediate Director of HR (14 month mat cover)
up to 14 m Maternity Cover contract
4 or 5 day working week option
c £61,000 pa
Ideal start ASAP
Our high profile client requires an experienced HR Director to commit to the full duration of a 12 – 14 month maternity contract working a combination of at home and onsite in Gwent. The successful candidate will confidently take over the reins and help shape HR whilst leading a fantastic team of 13. Making the role your own, you will be ‘Board ready’ and in line with a brand new People Strategy, you will take the lead on several exciting, strategic HR projects.
To work closely in partnership with people managers to build trusted, influential and proactive relationships, ensuring operational people plans are developed and HR policies and processes are embedded and understood.
You will advise and guide on all generalist HR activities including resourcing, absence management, misconduct, performance and TUPE, as well as encouraging a focus on talent development, succession planning and managing change positively.
You will embrace a strong culture of teamwork to support the peaks and troughs of the HR workload and adopt adaptability in all aspects of your work. Providing an excellent customer service at all times is essential, therefore adopting a can-do attitude is a must.
To deliver high quality and visible Business Partnering across the business and more specifically;
- Provide trusted, pragmatic solutions and commercial advice to people managers in planning their people agenda, dealing with challenges and enhancing their people management skills.
- Support managers to manage change or employee engagement initiatives positively, including restructures and cultural change.
- Provide advice, guidance and added value on all contractual and employment related issues with a view to securing successful outcomes whilst managing and mitigating risk.
- Ensure formal procedures are managed in a timely manner, ensuring that support is provided to investigators and hearing managers to enable them to complete thorough and accurate reports, letters and documentation. Ensure that sound legal advice is provided and that company policy and procedural guidelines are adhered to.
- Coach and support managers and staff individually and in groups to increase awareness and understanding of HR policy and procedures.
- Work with managers to identify learning and development to support performance, growth, talent development and succession planning. Actively support and encourage managers to create development plans which will help to achieve improvement and ensure management are undertaking Performance Reviews with their staff.
- Identifying and driving improvements in employee engagement.
- Ensure data and management information is reviewed with managers regularly and actions managed in a timely manner to address and resolve issues.
- Lead or support the development or review of HR Policies and Processes ensuring up to date legal and best practice is incorporated and the style is updated to reflect current look and feel.
- Build professional and effective relationships with the trade unions.
- Support the HR Director and Head of HR with ad hoc projects as required.
- To contribute and promote a culture of continuous improvement by identifying process efficiencies and customer improvements, updating legal changes and general service improvements.
- To keep up to date with all relevant specialist information and developments – including legislation and Welsh Standard requirements – and assess impacts, ensuring appropriate dissemination to the HR team and others or ensuring follow up implementation.
- Adhere to the General Data Protection Policy and Electronic Communications guidance including email and internet usage
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety, and of the safety of other people in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other tasks commensurate with skills, qualification and experience.
Who we are looking for:
- With a ‘can do’ attitude you will understand the complexities of managing people from your previous HRBP or similar experience and will be confident in proactively working with a people managers in all aspects of HR Policy and best practice.
- You will have the ability to quickly establish a rapport and have ability to engage and influence particularly in delivering coaching and mentoring and professional guidance.
- You will be tenacious in your approach to getting things done in a timely and efficient manner and to high standards. Flexible in your approach you will take pride in your work and will go the extra mile to ensure standards and deadlines are met.
- You will have a Continuous Improvement mind-set and will naturally look for ways to make improvements to the customer experience, processes, and procedures.
- You will demonstrate role model behaviour and be a trusted point of reference for team members and Managers to refer to.
- You will be CIPD Level 7 qualified or working towards or proven by experience.