Interim HR Advisor – 8 month FTC
As HR Advisor, you will work closely with the HR Manager towards the functional aim, which is to ensure the department consistently delivers the highest professional standards of quality service to the business.
- Be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries, providing HR generalist support aligned to the operation, aims and objectives of the company.
- Prepare reports by collating, analysing, and summarising data and trends, which provide a clear understanding of progress, including, headcount, sickness absence, turnover, annual leave, training spend and ER cases.
- Guide and support Line Managers in the achievement of special HR related projects by clarifying the objective, setting timelines, facilitating the activity and measuring and reporting output.
- Coach Line Managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all Position Descriptions are properly completed and are specific to business needs prior to any recruitment activity.
- Support Line Managers to create business cases for additional resource required both in and outside of budget.
- Take ownership of the recruitment process by liaising with recruitment agencies, devising and communicating internal adverts and use of internal resources i.e. ‘Da Vinci’.
- Actively participate in the selection of Associates by adopting best and most appropriate methods, depending on the role, and support and lead Line Managers to choose the ‘best fit’ candidate.
- Administer new starter HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment and offer letters, ensuring the starter checklist is completed and the relevant information is received in line with legislation.
- Plan and conduct Associate induction, including announcements and orientation into departments.
- Ensure probationary reviews take place in a timely manner and that documents and meetings are completed thoroughly and objectively.
- Conduct resignation and exit interviews for all leavers, understanding why Associates are leaving the organization and provide recommendations where relevant.
- Support and monitor long term sickness absence cases and conduct Occupational Health Management referrals where necessary, to ensure that the duration of the absence is kept to a minimum.
- Work with Line Managers to ensure that competency matrices are updated for all Associates and are maintained effectively.
- Maintain Workday and the master spreadsheet, ensuring the detail is up to date at all times.
- Provide support to line management with all grievance, disciplinary and capability investigations and hearings.
- Monitor short term sickness absence consistently across the Company, ensuring appropriate action is taken where necessary.
- Manage the co-ordination of drug and alcohol testing.
- In the absence of the HR Manager, take over all key functions of the role.
- Maintain Associate and general files.
PERSONABLE PROFILE / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 3 years’ experience operating in a higher-level generalist Human Resources role in a manufacturing / engineering environment.
- CIPD qualified or desire and plan to qualify.
- First class IT and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated & enthusiastic with the drive to continuously improve and to encourage others in the same direction.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with individuals and teams.
- Task orientated and a completer-finisher.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Must be professional & confidential.
- Ability to continually improve working practices.
- Practically minded with proven ability to roll sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Have the ability to deal with difficult situations.
All associates are responsible for maintaining adherence to company policies, safety/ergonomic standards, and good housekeeping practices. This includes understanding and implementing health, safety, and environmental policies and to integrate these considerations into daily work activities.