Interim HR Manager (6m FTC)
A modern, forward-thinking, environmentally friendly and dynamic manufacturing company based in Swansea. A leader in its field in both the UK and International markets. Enjoying a growing list of high-end and repeat clients. The ongoing demand for their products is huge and a radical expansion of operations Is underway. A genuinely exciting time to join a formidable team and play a key, pivotal role as its brand-new HR Manager.
On-site with flexibility and possibility of 1 day per week from home.
An experienced, CIPD qualified HR Manager is required to provide strategic and day to day support as they manage a period of high growth. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will pick up the people agenda through significant organisational change involving moving to a new site and doubling the workforce within the next year.
This role will present the right person with a fantastic opportunity to set up the HR function, delivering winning solutions across recruitment and resourcing, organisational change and development, policy and culture.
The ideal candidate would be an SME-experienced and pragmatic HR Manager who can deliver effective solutions both for the people and also for the commercials of the business.
- Responsible for direct management of the HR function.
- Setting a clear Strategy for the function, providing the board with close support in delivering organisational change activities
- Ensuring effective and timely delivery of agreed HR Projects and regular communication with all stakeholders as required.
- Overall responsibility for the onboarding of all new staff including the maintenance of all appropriate records, induction procedures, and training requirements.
- Management of all Disciplinary matters in line with the Company Policies and liaison with third party experts as required
- Implementation and management of the company wide Appraisal System ensuring Initial and regular reviews are carried out by Line Managers.
- To manage the Company`s recruitment process, consulting with third parties as required and keeping Line Managers appraised as to progress
- Assist with the implementation of new HR processes including any new HR software package with a view to maintenance of all appropriate performance and sickness records.
- Clear communication with the Board and across the Business on key HR initiatives and ongoing performance and to contribute to any discussions regarding HR matters as required, including Staff Benefits package.
- The production of appropriate reports.
- Liaison with key HR Suppliers to maintain relationships and to provide feedback to appropriate
- Planning of Career Progression for all staff
- To mentor and coach staff as required to create the desired culture across the Business by leading “by example.”
- To put forward suggestions for ongoing improvements in working practices and procedures as appropriate
- To assist in the drafting of HR Policies for the Boards Approval
- To assist the Board in driving the Staff Welfare and Social side of the Business to increase and maintain morale
- To manage all monthly payroll activities
- Manage Exit Interviews as required for all leavers.
- CIPD qualified
- HR experience within a high-growth SME highly desirable
- Must have a pragmatic and solutions focussed approach
- Must be highly dependable and approachable with excellent people skills and the ability to influence stakeholders across the business.
- You will be confident in your abilities, highly organised and able to manage multiple projects with varying demands in a very dynamic business
- Share option scheme (EMI scheme)
- Excellent competitive salary
- 21 days holiday a year + bank holidays
- Company contribution pension
- Development opportunities
- An opportunity to be part of a fast growing, dynamic business supporting its journey to a more sustainable future.