Interim HR Officer (4 months)
You will support the HR team across a range of typical HR areas such as recruitment, learning and development, workforce planning, policy review and casework, as well as managing the HR transactional operations of approximately 250 employees.
• You’ll will contribute proactively to streamlining and improving HR process and services, so we can deliver our People Strategy.
• The postholder will play a key role in managing the administrative functions of the team and ensuring a high level of service to all service users, while ensuring that the delivery reflects the values and behaviours of the business,
• The company operate a HR management system, iTrent, therefore all applicants must be competent in the use of iTrent.
• Reporting to the HR Business Partners you will provide confidential and comprehensive support to the team.
• To ensure that all matters of employee administration e.g. staff changes, leavers, requests for special leave are dealt with in accordance with agreed policies and to the required deadlines.
• To provide information and data extracted from the HR systems to the HR partners to support their work as necessary.
• You will be the first line of contact in sickness absence management for staff and will have a key role in administering the HR & Payroll Systems. In addition, you will proactively monitor processes and ensure that potential issues arising are addressed and improvements are implemented as a result.
• You will provide professional advice and guidance to our employees and managers on a range of HR issues, such as sickness absence, underperformance, discipline, grievance, dignity at work etc; and take a hands-on role in dealing with case work with a focus on sickness health issues.
• You will develop effective working relationships with our customers ensuring their needs are reflected in our service and whilst suggesting areas for improvement.
• You will use our document management and HR systems to ensure staff information is accurate, up-to-date and recorded in line with our GDPR and retention policies.
• Attend meetings as a representative of HR across the Company’s offices in Cardiff, Penllegaer and Abergele as required as well as providing notetaking support for HR Partners during investigations, grievances and disciplinaries.
• Support the team in the development and delivery of learning sessions and activities to support and raise colleague’s knowledge and understanding of HR Policies.
- Educated to at least GCSE Grade C in English and Maths (or equivalent), or substantial experience.
- CIPD Level 3 or working towards HR qualification.
- Excellent organisational skills, and ability to prioritise workload, work flexibly and manage own and others’ time effectively to meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and able to develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships with both internal staff and external contacts.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy for proof reading correspondence and formatting reports containing complex or confidential information.
- Able to communicate technical information and advice clearly and simply when advising staff on HR and payroll policies and procedures.
- IT literate with good Excel and Word skills.
- An ability to process documentation whilst being able to plan, organise and complete objective and tasks accurately and in timely manner.
- Numerate, with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Competence in iTrent is essential