Interim People & OD Assistant
- Provide a comprehensive, support service, including preparing standard letters and contracts, editing and formatting reports and preparing sign-in sheets.
- Respond to and resolve first line queries from a diverse customer base of staff and managers via the PHW information system (ActionPoint), across the full spectrum of the People and Organisational Development service received either from staff or managers or teams.
- Manage all employee administration for learning and development, core skills, competency assignment and maintenance, via Electronic Staff Record ESR.
- Use the Electronic Staff Record ESR system to record and maintain workforce and compliance information, and produce reports as required.
- Assist with recruitment processes, including co-ordinating the establishment control process, AfC job evaluation process & checking and approving adverts in Trac.
- Support the People and OD Advisor team as required, EG; end of fixed term contract process.
- Co-ordinate salary sacrifice and benefit schemes such as, Cycle Scheme and the Holiday Subsidy Scheme.
- Support the administration and maintenance of the People and OD intranet pages and to assist with the contribution of ideas to the pages, ensuring all information publicised on the intranet site is accurate, up to date and easy to locate.
- Contribute and support with the development of new systems, process improvement and policies to ensure the continuous improvement of the People & Organisational Development service.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and commissioned work as and when required.
- Provide an effective and professional service when liaising with colleagues, stakeholders and the public, aligned to service standards as necessary.
- Receive and provide routine information verbally, in writing and electronically in response to staff / manager’s queries and provide appropriate responses to requests for information, in line with agreed policies and protocols.
- Ensure effective communication to directorates and provide information and advice in a timely manner.
- Support the communication of People and OD messages as required (such as new events, development programmes, changes to policies and procedures and any other workforce initiatives).
Planning and Organising
- Organise and support the planning of meetings, events and conferences; including booking venues and taking formal minutes, arranging equipment, preparing papers/documentation, registering delegates and arranging refreshments.
- Support with the arrangement of employee relations meetings/panels in line with policies and procedures.
- Assist with arranging induction, being on hand to set up the event, meet and greet.
- Set up, manage and maintain office systems and electronic files, ensuring that information is appropriately and securely stored, filed and retrievable.
- Prepare and distribute documents and papers as required, for example casefiles/bundles in employee relations matters and job evaluation panels
- Process requisitions in accordance with our finance policies and procedures.
- Process orders of resources and supplies via the procurement systems.
- Process credit card requests within the scope of organisational policy and procedures.
- Provide budget monitoring support, including recharging and processing of invoices and recording of expenditure.
- Take and transcribe formal minutes/notes of meetings.
- Use a variety of IT applications
- Provide support to those undertaking research, such as requesting and collating information.
- Participate in the preparation and administration of audit information.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information according to the provisions of data security regulations, Information Governance and Data Protection.
Freedom to Act
- Prioritisation of own workload; demonstrate initiative, manage deadlines and seeking advice as necessary. Work as part of a team to ensure team goals/objectives are met.
- Work to standard procedures, good practice guidelines
- Participate in self-development.
This role is a fixed term contract likely to end 31 March 22.