We have two key campuses just outside the center of Cardiff. You may from time to time be required to move between both. We encourage flexible and agile working practices. You will be primarily based at Llandaff however if this post allows, you will be able to work a mix of remotely and on campus.
Our mission in People Services (PS) is to help create an amazing place to work with flexibilities that enable people to thrive and live better and healthier lives through fulfilling work. We aim to do this by providing a great employee experience through a transformational PS function, centralising and simplifying HR operations, seeing our colleagues as our internal customers, and co-creating impactful people initiatives for work now and in the emerging future.
We also work collaboratively with each other in a virtual space on cross-functional projects.
As Recruitment Advisor, you will be instrumental in helping to transform our recruitment service.
You will use your sound and comprehensive experience and expertise to provide first class recruitment advice, guidance and support on all aspects on the recruitment lifecycle. You will play a key role helping to establish our employer brand, assist with the design and implementation of a new recruitment website and help automate our recruitment processes.
You will be proactive and stay well-informed of recruitment marketing trends and be fully conversant with what skills and tools employers and people need for the future world of working.
You will embrace technology, digital platforms and social media to fully showcase the business as an employer of choice for all.
What you’ll do
• Work with the Recruitment Manager and HR Business Partners to develop and manage talent acquisition plans, keeping abreast of potential business growth and additional resource requirements.
• Assist hiring managers with the creation of job descriptions and job advertisements so that staff can better understand how their role contributes to Business’s ambitions.
• Job evaluation and job family review.
• Design, create and post attractive adverts for internal and external job boards across an extensive range of roles, preferably in English and Welsh.
• Use social media to promote our opportunities, producing engaging content for a wide range of audiences.
• Proactively use candidate databases and social media to actively source, identify and approach suitable profiles for our opportunities.
• Build and maintain a resourcing talent pool and create long-lasting relationships with prospective candidates.
• Provide guidance on all aspects of the recruitment lifecycle, including assessment and selection, to ensure we appoint the very best.
• Leading campaign planning discussions with hiring managers, defining sourcing strategies and advising on the best routes to market.
• Help hiring managers to better understand their role and responsibilities in relation to recruitment including designing and delivering recruitment & selection training.
• Provide first-class candidate and hiring manager experience, ensuring a positive and responsive recruitment journey.
• Work with colleagues across the Business to position and showcase it as an employer of choice for all, helping to further strengthen our workforce that is diverse and inclusive by participating in employer branding development initiatives.
• Provide hiring managers with candidate shortlisting and organise interviews/assessments, ensuring an efficient and timely experience for panel members and candidates.
• Provide candidates with offers of employment and contracts. Conduct pre-employment clearances ensuring that all individuals have the required checks in place before they start and to monitor and conduct checks that require continuous review, for example DBS and immigration annual checks. Ensure precise and timely end to end on-boarding of staff, regularly updating staff and stakeholders throughout the journey.
• Play a leading role helping to attract and retain an inclusive diverse workforce, including representing the department at Equality & Diversity and Race Equality committees and working groups and supporting our International Staff Networks.
• Procure and develop trusted relationships with recruitment partners, agencies and headhunters.
• Engage with key stakeholders and work closely with the HR System Developers to design and continually advance and automate the virtual recruitment process.
• Use data to inform resourcing decisions, track the candidate experience throughout the recruitment and on-boarding process to ensure continuous improvement and undertake regular reviews of leaver data to identify areas of improvement.
• Proactively track recruitment spend and evaluate effectiveness of sourcing methods.
• Act as a diversity and inclusion champion within the business
Essential experience & strengths
• You’ll love working in a fast-paced, ‘can do’ team and have strong end to end recruitment experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and confident communication skills, working as part of a team with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience of advising managers and stakeholders on recruitment best practice, sourcing strategies and interview/assessment methods. Able to influence and challenge managers at all levels, towards effective recruitment and business solutions.
• Strong experience of managing diverse and mass recruitment campaigns.
• Relationship builder – experience of working with recruitment agencies, headhunters and executive searchers
• Knowledge and experience of using various sourcing methods including direct candidate sourcing, networking and candidate attraction activity.
• Ability to create and develop engaging job adverts, employer branding material and proactively identify new ways to improve our candidate proposition.
• You will have excellent communication and literacy skills, with a keen eye for attention to detail and presentation.
• Solid and up to date knowledge of employment legislation and profound at confidently interpreting and communicating this to stakeholders at all levels.
• Working experience of recruitment digital platforms and social media, you will be technology savvy and willing to try new ways of doing things
• Experience of using data to support decision making and suggest process improvements
• Experience of working with different recruitment software / Applicant Tracking Systems
• Strong organisational skills, using time effectively to prioritise workload whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy.
• Knowledge of UK Visa and Immigration rules would be desirable.
• The ability to speak Welsh is highly desired but not essential for this role.
• Ability to work towards attainment of CIPD membership
• Educated to degree level or appropriate experience