Capital Breakfast Briefings – Employment Law Update
In our upcoming Employment Law Update, we will reflect on the main changes in legislation and key cases from 2019 as well as looking forward to 2020. We’ll explain practical implications and how these might impact upon your processes and procedures, with plenty of examples to bring them to life.
Who Should Attend
— HR Directors
— HR personnel
What Will be Included
Overview of legislation changes in 2019, including:
– Gender pay gap reporting
– Executive pay gap reporting
Overview of caselaw in 2019, including:
– Can a business be liable for an employee’s social media post? Forbes v LHR Airport Ltd
– Workers and the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006. Dewhurst v
Revisecatch & City Sprint.
Looking to 2020 – upcoming legislation changes:
– Changes to IR35
– Extending the right to a written statement of particulars
– Abolishing the Swedish derogation rule
Looking to 2020 – upcoming caselaw:
– Direct sex discrimination – Varnish v British Cycling Federation
– Equal pay – Brierly and others v Asda Stores Ltd
– Employment status – Uber v Aslam and others
We will also discuss the Article 50 deadline 31st of January and reflect on Boris Johnson’s first two months in power post-election.
To book your free place please email Mera.firstname.lastname@example.org