GDPR Update: 1 year on
When the GDPR came into force on 25 May 2018, Europe became governed by some of the world’s most stringent data protection rules. A year on, there remains plenty of confusion over GDPR, the UK’s Data Protection Act 2018 and how this all interacts within the world of HR.
In this breakfast briefing, we take a look at where organisations should now be with their data protection, common areas of non-compliance or oversight, and what constitutes a reportable breach.
Who should attend?
Anyone with responsibility for managing data or advising on data protection issues within the context of HR.
In the session we will take you through:
- Where organisations should be with data protection one year on
- Emerging issues and common areas where there have been oversights in the application of data protection
- Data subject rights – responding to subject access requests and the right to be forgotten
- Data breaches and the obligation to notify the ICO
- The impact of Brexit on data protection.